Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We Made It!

LISA:
I received this awesome picture yesterday that suddenly put everything back into perspective.   


That is Avery (top) and her friend Leah making a poster for me for race day.   You may remember that Avery is the little girl who received Dalton’s heart.  Avery will be there on race day cheering me on.  I CANNOT WAIT! 

The Road to Boston 2012 has been a journey.  When I stop long enough to think about it I’m overwhelmed with emotion.  We got here.  We made it.  Race day doesn’t really matter because it is the journey that counts and the journey has been amazing.  It’s been full of ups and downs, hard runs and a few easy ones, tears and laughter and lots of good conversations with Niki.   I can’t thank you enough for giving me this opportunity.  So many of you donated to Children’s Hospital Boston to get me to Boston with Niki.  THANK YOU!  So many of you have emailed, texted, facebooked, or stopped me around town with words of encouragement.  THANK YOU!  So many of you have read this blog.  THANK YOU!  Each of you has been a special part of this journey.  THANK YOU!

Now it’s on to Boston!  We head to Austin tonight and fly out in the morning.  One of my last to-dos I worked on last night was to make my Ipod playlist.  I don’t usually do a specific playlist for a specific race but for Boston I knew I had to do it.  I went through all my songs and hand selected ones that are special to me for different reasons.  Here are a few:

More than a Feeling by Boston – Gotta have a Boston song!
Trust in Jesus by Third Day – for Taylor, he was a Third Day fan.  We call it the Taylor song.  
Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down – for Dalton, one of his favorite songs :)
Fanatics by 116 Clique – a Christian rap song my kids love
I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor – because I hope I survive!
Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen – for my sister, biggest Springsteen fan ever, who has gone through her own storms recently  
Gold Digger by Kayne West – for my friends the Cheneys, long story, it makes me smile 

I have a mix of almost every kind of music on my Ipod… Adele, Alice in Chains, James Taylor, Carrie Underwood, Flo Rida, Justin Beiber, The Commodores, etc.  I like to listen to it all but I imagine on race day my mind will be more on the journey - where we've been and how God has been so faithful to bring us through the many storms - than on the music.   THANK YOU God!  

Oh by the way, after I made my playlist last night the girls and I were having a dance party in the foyer.   I did an amazing dance move, slipped and smashed my foot into a heavy, hard piece of furniture.  :)   I thought, "Oh my gosh, how great would that be if I injured my foot doing dance party the night before I leave for Boston!?!?!?"  But all is well,  just temporary pain.  Whew!  

Back to Boston....  Niki and I are super excited that we’ll have our very own Boston Posse to cheer us on on race day.   We will have Avery and her Mom Cheryl and Dad Mike.  Jeri, Dalton’s Mom, is making the trip from B/CS to Boston as well as good friends Lina Lawson and Connie Appelt.  Taylor’s Mom (Janene), sister (Madelyn) and aunt (Sharon) are all coming too!  Plus our B/CS running buddy Nicole Kuppersmith is running Boston as well.   It will be a good time. 

I don't know if we'll be able to update our blog with photos and such while we're gone.  We will try.  If not we'll definitely post some stuff to facbebook.   And of course, there will be a post-marathon blog.  To be continued....  


No comments:

Post a Comment