Monday, March 26, 2012

Too Much Va-ca

NIKI:

After 2 weeks on vacation (aka not running) we returned to work for a 20 miler on Thursday.  The weather has definitely warmed up a bit and the wind has picked up.  All of that combined led to getting 15 out of 20 miles done...ok but not what we planned.  I would like to thank John, our speed trainer, for joining us on a portion of the run...it was so good to chat and pass miles and get pointers for the remainder of the training...Thank You John Jasper!!!  Oh, and I should mention that "vacation" really meant Lisa was sick and if you remember from one of my earlier blogs...I run because I have a partner...so no partner equals not running for Niki.  It was a good reminder that I run often because it hurts too bad to restart after too long of a break.  

Roadside break... John, Lisa and Me

We are sitting 3 weeks out from Boston and continue to pray that God provides strength, power and determination to get us to race day.  Thank you for your support and prayers.  3 weeks...I'm so ready to be finished!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who sometimes takes a "vacation" in the middle of training!!

    ReplyDelete